Brakes are the most important part of your car when it comes to safety. Asking our auto repair shop of Olathe to perform an inspection of your brakes can be difference between life and death. If your brakes make squealing sounds when trying to stop or you notice your car is not stopping as usual, bring your car in immediately. Some people ignore early signs of brake malfunction and then, it’s too late when the collide with another vehicle.
Warning Signs of Brake Problems
- You step on the brakes all the way down to the floor and sometimes the car doesn’t stop quickly.
- You hear a grinding noise when braking. This could possibly be that the brake pad is exposed and grinding against the rotor. If the rotor gets damaged you’re looking at expensive repairs.Whenever you bring your car for service, ask one of our mechanics to check the lifetime of the brake pads. We’ll give you a rough estimate of how long you got before it’s time for replacement.
- Your steering wheel vibrates when you apply the brakes. This could mean that there is misalignment between the pad and the rotor
However, these are just some signs. There are others and to correctly diagnose your car you must bring it in for an inspection to our shop in Olathe.
Why is my Brake Light On?
The reasons why this light comes on are a few.
- Your emergency hand brake is engaged. Disengage it and the light will turn off.
- The brake system has lost some brake pressure. Check for leaks under your car. You may have to use your emergency brakes to drive the car to our auto repair shop. You have to act immediately.